@tomtuttle - yeah, I forgot to mention I have a Harmony Remote...makes life much easier.

@mojo - those are some good thoughts on the center speaker. Once I get this setup, I'm going to really need to figure out how to calibrate it. I use the DVE discs to calibrate picture quality on my TV, is there something out there for the audio side of things that helps calibrate your speaker settings?

@JohnK - good advice on the surrounds. I just measured it, and it looks like I could get another 2'6" each way. I'd have to drill new holes through the beam and patch and paint the existing holes. Worth it?

@Grunt - I think the M60/Sub combo is making the most sense to me as well. Thanks for the vote of confidence!

By the way, not sure if I mentioned it previously, but this setup will be 75% dedicated to Movies and Nintendo and 25% dedicated to music listening. I'm a film junkie and watch every type of movie 'cept Horror (I'm a scaredy cat). So that is my primary interest. The kids will likely spend quite a few hours playing the Nintendo Wii on the system too. And the system will play music when we're hanging around playing pool and stuff like that.