Quote:

2. Nobody has heard the x-mtm yet. It's not available.

I've heard the x-mtms at an av123 get together at the end of June, along with several other av123 offerings.

Quote:

So, there's no way for ANYBODY to "know" how YOU might think it compares to the M60

And there in lies the rub. Even though I've heard both speakers in question (mtms and M60s) there is no way I could predict how you would perceive the sound of either, or which you would prefer. Nobody could.

I'm going to make a rather controversial statement (be nice, now ). I think a great many of the speakers available today, both internet and B&M brands, are pretty darn good speakers, and the differences between them are minimal. Perhaps, to younger, more educated ears those differences are "night and day," and we all very well might have preferences. But, I believe that the great majority of us laymen would be content with many of the respected brands and models available.

The last time I heard M60s was in January and, having heard the mtms a month ago, there is no way I could reasonably compare the two. However, I can tell you that both speakers sounded good to me. I didn't find the MTMs particularly attractive (big, boxy, and bulky). Also, they were "mules" in an unattractive flat black finish. The finished product will, I suspect, be more attractive. And, though they sounded good, I actually preferred the x-sls and, particularly, the x-statiks. YMMV

Quote:

3. For HT use, the Axiom QS surrounds are - I believe - far superior in design and performance to just about any small, directional bookshelf speaker.

I'm in complete agreement with this. The QS8s are the best surrounds I've ever heard. I prefer them to the dipolar Rocket RSS300 surrounds, though the 300s do a good job.

Quote:

4. Shipping is free at Axiom. It is NOT free at AV123.

Well, the cost of shipping is included in the stated price of the Axioms, and it's not at av123.

Quote:

Regarding the sub - you might want to consult the folks at Hsu. You could always start with a VTF-2 and then add a second one if you find that you need "more".

HSU, SVS, Axiom, and ACI, among others, all make excellent subs (I'd include av123, but their really interesting, Mark Seaton designed subs aren't available yet). But again, no one can predict what you would prefer. IMHO, as long as you stick to a respected brand, the only way you can go wrong is if you choose a sub that is too small for the size of your room and you end up overdriving it.