Well, the system here is format neutral with an A35 and a BD30. I am probably within the timeframe where I could still return the A35.

Right now my gut is saying no. Why?

From a DVD upconverting standpoint, the A35 does a better job than the BD30. That's a benefit to the hundreds of reg DVDs I have that I am in no rush to replace with a hi-def counterpart.

While the majority of studios are now Blu-Ray exclusive, there are quite a number of desireable titles that are only on HD-DVD. Not sure how soon those that are HD-DVD exclusive will switch over.

There are a fair amount of HD-DVDs already out there (new and used). With this news, and with a little time, I suspect that the prices on those discs will bottom out. (Alread on some forums I see some loking to get rid of their HD-DVDs. I am in talks with a couple of them looking to get the discs for $4-$5 a piece).
Seems like an inexpensive way to grow the library. Going forward, at least for myself, if I have a title on HD-DVD, that is fine with me AS long as the cost of acquisition is good. No need to replace it in the library with its Blu-Ray counterpart.

Your thoughts?

Last edited by mapatton; 01/05/08 02:40 PM.

Mark
Pio 94,SB3,BD30,A35,Pio 48AV.Pronto 7000 controlling all. Getting ready for 22s, 150 & QS8s.