I bought a few 'must have' HD-DVDs I have really enjoyed a lot of HD rentals now that the local Blockbuster started getting a shelf full in stock. My $200 A2 also up converts much better than my receiver used to do in the past.

So I'm still pretty happy even if Blu Ray totally wins in the next year or so. I only went into HD at all because the price dropped sub 200. Life on the bleeding edge.....

HOWEVER, I'm still hoping HD-DVD pulls their goalie and kicks Sony's but. Why? probably not for why you think. For one, I never liked Sony overpricing their gear over similarly featured and similar quality items simply because they 'used to' have a technological advantage back in a day. A day that they long let slip away. I could live with that on it's own. Business is business. but, does anyone remember when they got caught loading a Trojan piece of software on Sony label CDs that snuck it's way onto your computer and tried to prevent you from making copies of Sony CDs.

That burned me! Not so much that they tried to do DRM but that they tried to sneak it in under the radar. Loading something on my PC without asking me makes it a Trojan = Virus. A virus is still a virus even if it uses hardware (CDs) to propagate.

I still have some old Sony product but I won't buy more. If Blu Ray wins, I will not stubbornly refuse to use the entire technology but I won't be playing them on a Sony player to minimize their return from me. (Yes, I know they will still be making money from the technology)

Rant over....

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.