Originally Posted By: BOB/335

I thought the idea of a forum like this is that everyone who has been there and done that are wanting (and maybe dieing) to share their experiences with others so that someone like me can learn from those experiences and keep from making some terrible mistakes.

Those of us who have been asking that you go out and listen to speakers and report what you liked and didn’t like are not getting on your case but are trying to share our experiences with you. However, we can’t share our experience with how speakers sounded to us without a common reference. If you reported back that certain Focal or Paradigm speakers were to bright for you than I would steer you clear of certain Axiom models.

The most important experience I can share with you is not to make the mistake I almost did and buy the first good speakers you listen to or the ID brand that happens to be the flavor of the month in the forums. Like Fred I came across Audioholics and learned about Axiom and the importance of demoing speakers. I’m sure I would have gotten speakers I’d have liked but now I have speakers I love.

Bad luck on your local dealers. I hate shopping on a good day and it sounds like you had a pretty bad one. If you can’t hear anything similar to Axioms locally rather than order a full setup you might consider ordering a couple M22s. They sound very similar to the M80s and won’t cost much to ship back if you find them to bright. If you like them you can always take advantage of Axioms upgrade program and move up to towers if you don’t think bookshelves and a sub will be enough.

Cheers,
Dean

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1