A couple comments on this off-topic...

The guys at work when they see my various packages arriving (car parts, camera equipment, computer components, and A/V gear, not to mention all the books and various formats of shiny discs), say "my wife would kill me," to which I reply, "you did it backward you buy the toys first, and then you get the wife."

I would rather find a cinephile than an audiophile. While I love listening to music, and am weary of anyone who says they don't like it, it's almost more of a personal thing. But video entertainment, like movies and television, is something which I prefer to share.

I took a girl to see Watchmen with me last Friday. She actually had read the comic, and was impressed that I owned the "Absolute" edition. In the prison scene a person is thrown over a railing, I immediately said, "that's that scream", mind rolling back to try to think of how to start to explain what I meant, but she interjects, "the Wilhelm." My heart skipped a beat. (Though for other reasons, I don't think she'll be anything more than a friend, but she's coming over in two weeks to watch the Black Freighter on Blu-ray--we'll see how impressed she is.)

Pioneer PDP-5020FD, Marantz SR6011
Axiom M5HP, VP160HP, QS8
Sony PS4, surround backs
-Chris