Originally Posted By: ClubNeon
I have to say I thought going from ProLogic to Dolby Digital was a big change, while the move to TrueHD/DTS-HD MA was comparatively small...

Could you expand on this? I've been looking to upgrade my Denon 3300 only to get HDMI switching and the TrueHD, et al, formats as I move towards the 1080p projector. (Otherwise the Denon has been the best purchase I have made in audio.) I'm running a 5.1 setup, with no plans for 7.1, and I don't need up-scaling as the primary critical viewing is via PS3 1080p Blu-Ray, and the upscaler on the projectors will do fine for HD cable.

If you (and others) are not noticing a big improvement in the TrueHD area, I may be able to quell that voice in head yelling "pull the kids out of private school and experience the full power of this fully operational Dolby True HD HT [in the voice of the Emperor]".
My A/B comparison of the Dave Mathews on BR to CD was my first clue that the improvement might not be all I was hoping.

Panny 3000 PJ, 118" Carada, Denon 3300, PS3, Axiom QS8, PSB 5T, B&W sub, levitating speaker wire