Well I thought it was about time I said hello to everyone on the Axiom forum. I've been sitting in the background for about the last nine months reading all the comments and experiences people have with there HT and audio set ups. I must say this is a great forum and I've learnt so much from here. ;\)
Here's a little back ground on me....Last year I moved to a different country, with meant selling all my audio gear to save on moving costs , but the up side to that was I can now buy near gear .
My last HT was a Pioneer receiver with Wharfedale speakers in a 5.1 set up (center and sub was Polkaudio) and I was happy with that. However I'm in the position now where I can buy nicer gear. So I researched speakers (B&W and the like) and came across Axiom. All the reviews I've read (on M60 & M80) have been very positive and pricing is great compared to other brands with similar performance. The Axiom team is very friendly and have a wealth of knowledge too, as with many of you here. It looks likely I will go for the Epic80-500. At first I had concerns about the M80s because the average room size in the country I live in now is typically around 1500 cubic feet where the M80s will be in. But from what I've read here M80s still sound great in small rooms. Is this correct?
The other issue I had was (because I'm a Pioneer guy) was what receiver. After much reading and research I'm looking at Denon 3808A(this is the replacement model in Japan) because it is very well priced and has the same features of other receivers I looked at but are still over priced compared to Denon. It also seams that I don't have to add a second amp to run M80s because Denon can do the job on its own, which means I save money.
I still have to wait a few months before I can buy everything and have the pleasure of listening to the Axioms, but I'm looking forward to it
So anyway hello to you all and thanks for all the great posts on the forum. I look forward to reading more.