Hi Axman

I recently picked up a pair of egg shell white M22Tis (version 1) which I use in my garage system. First of all, I now like the way my egg shell white M22s look. I'll snap a picture tomorrow evening and try to post it. I drive these M22s with a silver face, top of the line, drop dead gorgeous, 1980ish Kenwood KA9100, 2 channel integrated amplifier. I use an Ah! Njoe Tjoeb (heavily massaged Marantz CD Player with tube output section, Burr Brown DACs, Op amp, (I may have pulled the BBs to make room for the Op Amp).

How did it sound? Thin. Unpleasant. Never listened to them, until this past week. I dragged the Velodyne 10" subwoofer I had in my closet to the garage, ran the output from the amp to the subwoofer used the sub's cross over, set it at 100Hz, and what a difference a sub makes.

A little fooling with the sub volume and the M22 kit sounds just great. Not good. Great.

So, the moral of the story is, if you have no sub, go with a pair of Axiom M3Tis. If you have a sub, you can't go wrong with either.

As to the big box generic speaker offerings from the makers of Home Theater in boxes, there is no comparison. The sound quality from a pair of M22s + subwoofer, or M3s is so much better than those wee pissy speakers that it's a matter of night and day.

Grab some Axes Axman and enjoy the music.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.