I have been putting off writing something wanting to give M22’s another chance.

I know about the debate on validity of burning in the speakers.
After this experience I’m thinking that the person ‘burns in’ too.
One can get used to anything, it is only by reference to something else that one can make semi-accurate observation.

I have experimented with different placements and it has become clear that M22 cannot be positioned pointing towards the listening post.
The treble overpowers the bass and makes the speaker sound tiny and thin. I can imagine tiny little piercing needles.
Positioning the speakers away from listening post improves bass but not nearly enough to make you forget what is missing.
The speaker still sounds small,a feeling that never fully goes away.
However, the sound becomes much nicer the treble is less noticeable. It is possible that the room with hardwood floors has something to do with the brightness of high notes.
I have been asking myself if the mid frequencies of M22 are that much better than my old speakers to justify buying a sub. With few instruments, female voices, and mellow tempo the sound is very, very nice. That would be enough. However, the moment the tempo goes up and more instruments come in, the clarity is reduced and high frequencies go up somewhat. Not sure why.

So, while there is improvement in mid frequencies it isn’t enough.

With an equalizer I can duplicate M22 mids. Also, until this point I didn’t realize how tight and controlled that bass is on my old speakers.

The fact that I’m comparing a $500+ M22 to $100 speakers that came with my first stereo system back in the stone age is not a good thing.

I should be blown away by the difference, but I’m not.

I would like everyone to know, how much I appreciate all the advice! The idea of buying a speaker directly from manufacture and being part of the axiom community was very appealing. Everyone here is very nice. I’m sorry I will not be part of it, sort of feel bad about it.
However, M22 is not for me. It does not mean the speaker is bad, it just means I’m looking for a different sound.
I’m planning to return M22 sometime next week when I get sometime.