Originally Posted By: axman

The cheaper HSU’s don’t go higher than 90Hz or so it looks like, I could be wrong.
I need something to be able to handle 100Hz well that’s where I would crossover.

You are absolutely correct. I didn't even realize that about HSU subs, but even into the VTF range the max xover is 90hz. That is a tad low - I would have assumed that the max would be 120hz or 150hz, as with most subs.

While it is entirely your own personal preference, of course, do not feel that M22's will require a 100hz xover. The -3db point on M22's is 60hz, so that would be the "rule-of-thumb" xover point for them. I think that would be just a tad too low, based on my own experiences. When I used my M22's in my 5.1 system, they worked beautifully with an 80hz xover.

But yes, perhaps some of SVS's offerings will be a better fit for your application & budget.

And no, there is no such thing as too much sub... But I do think it would be kind of silly to buy a $470 pair of M22's and then spend $2,300 on an EP800 to go with them, especially for just a 2 channel system. ;\) But that's just me...

Good luck!

Last edited by PeterChenoweth; 03/31/09 01:02 PM.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office