Hello Axman

BTW, I really agree with you about the silver faced beauties from the late 70s and 80s. The silver KA9100 in these pictures is one of my best amplifiers. It is built like a piece of military hardware. I'll take some pix of the beautiful heat sinks which are part of the structure.

The KT is really terrific - my second favorite tuner in the house. My favorite is an old Scott tube tuner (drop-dead gorgeous) which I use with my tube amp. We have a wonderful and powerful FM local station in Long Beach which plays great jazz, and for the most part, lately, I listen to FM. Who'd a thunk it.

Anyway, if you think a speaker sounds thin, it probably does. I find all this talk about being used to lesser speakers with bloated bass unconvincing. First of all, our own M3Tis sound better to my ear. Second, there are many superior speakers which are more satisfying. Nevertheless, I've grown to love my M22s now that they've been joined to a nice little sub. I think my 10" Velodyne goes down to 35Hz or something like that, and it makes all the difference in the world.

Enjoy Axman!

Last edited by 2x6spds; 04/04/09 04:06 PM.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.