Originally Posted By: axman
My biggest concerns when comes to sub is that it blends well with M22.
Wouldn’t an axiom sub match better?
Or when comes to bass it makes no difference? I think someone said that timber is not a problem.

Arthur, there are many excellent subs available (Axiom among them), and a number of good ones at $500 or under. There is no need to be concerned about "blend." Any well designed and constructed sub will "blend' with the M22s. I use an EP500 with speakers from a different company and am completely satisfied.

Of course, the Axiom subs will do a better job of matching the appearance of the M22s, if that matters to you. For music only, in a small room, the EP125 would be an excellent choice. However I see you've stated you would "prefer a sub that could handle low effects in movies as well..."

If that means you want a sub that goes down to 20Hz, would work in a small room, and costs $500 or less, you might consider:

An Elemental Designs A2-300 (or their A2-250 or A3-250 models)

An SVS PB10-NSD

A Satin Black Hsu VTF-2 MK 3 set to maximum extension would fill the bill, but it would be $49 (plus shipping) over budget.

There is a new, high ouput sub (from none of the companies mentioned above), unreleased as yet, that is tentatively speced at 20Hz and $319 delivered (USA). But, it is not expected to be available until sometime this summer (at the earliest). I suspect you are interested in moving sooner.

EDIT: I'm not certain what affect shipping to Canada would have on the cost of the above mentioned subwoofers.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton