Also, most people on this board will tell you that any quality digital receiver will convert sound so accurately within volume levels that are within it's spec and that any differences in sound or quality are inaudible. There are some who disagree. Those who disagree, often tend to invest in very expensive units to gain what are noticeable improvements to their ears.

never having participated in any properly set up listening tests for receivers, I can't discount either side but the technical arguments made by Camp A. tend to make the most sense to my level of electrical understanding.

My advice to people is usually that their first receiver purchase should be based on making sure you get all the features that you need. Experimentation with this type of gear can be expensive so start with what will meet your immediate needs from a technical setup and possible future needs. Then just listen and enjoy. After everything is tweaked the way you want it and you still feel the need for more, then you can always experiment down the road as time and money permits. My guess is, after you hear the Axiom speakers (Even camp #2 agree that it is the speakers that make the largest difference in sound quality, not the electronics.) you will be completely satisfied.

All that being said, Denon's are highly regarded for their feature set, tend to be conservative in their ratings so you are getting what they promise and maybe more, and have a solid build quality from a trouble perspective. I own a Denon 3608 and am very happy with it.

Edit:
Hope I didn't get any sandwich on ya. I'm babbling on here while I eat lunch.

Last edited by Murph; 06/09/09 03:42 PM.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.