Originally Posted By: kcarlile
Personally, I find the idea of trying to get speakers that work with a particular amplifier (ie, I want the XPA-5, so I won't get the M80s) some what backwards. Now, since you haven't heard the Axioms, so you don't definitely know that you like the sound. Remember, speakers make a whole hell of a lot more difference in the sound than amplifiers.

I wholeheartedly agree with what you're saying. I haven't heard the Axioms so for me it's not necessarily a loss going one way or another since I wouldn't know what I'm missing. Just that for $799US the XPA-5, at least on paper, is such a steal I almost feel bad not buying one. If you try to find a comparable amp from just about anyone else, including Outlaw and the likes, you're looking at about $800 or so premium. But again, this is all on paper and if the XPA-5 doesn't jive with the M80s in real applications then I'm not going to risk buying it. Doesn't mean I have to feel good about that

I'm just hoping that regardless of what I do I will hear a difference between my current set up and what I'm moving to.

Last edited by Escaron; 06/12/09 07:39 PM.