Alright, well I finally ordered my system. I decided to go with the two M80s in the end, along with the EP500, QS8 and the VP150. It's not often that I buy new speakers so I felt that it might be a long time before I upgrade to 7.1 and even longer before I will get different speakers period, might as well get something now that I will be proud to own and listen to.

Thnx for all the help and advice I received in this thread thus far. Unfortunately I'm still all over the place in terms of receiver + amp selection. I was dead set on the Emotiva XPA-5 until people mentioned that Emotiva and Axiom don't play well together which I'm having a hard time understanding since I get nothing but praise from just about every other speaker owner about their Emotiva amps. Unless something major changes I'll probably end up buying the Denon 2809 from FS - for use as a pre/pro - (they have it for $200 off for the next week which puts it at $999CAD). I know this is expensive for you US guys (this is what you usually pay for the 3808) but I couldn't find a better deal anywhere else, most places I called just told me that it's a discontinued model and they no longer carry it. Odly enough, I was able to find a 3808 demo model but it's $300 + the software update for Dynamic EQ more than the 2809, which although not totally out of my price range is a little much considering I don't really need the extra power for a pre/pro.

As for the amp, I'm still really strongly leaning towards the XPA-5, I just can't see why it would have any issues with the 4ohm M80's. Just about everything else that's 5 channels (NAD or Outlaw) is out of my price range. Unless I go with a 2 channel amp or monoblocks just for the fronts there's no way I can fit into my budget.

Last edited by Escaron; 06/12/09 02:53 AM.