Another quick note.
In consideration of your small room, huge power in an amp is not going to be an issue for you at all. In a 15x15x8 foot room (easiest way I could come to 1800 sqr feet. You might be surprised to learn that according to online wattage calculators, to maintain an average of 85db (common sound levels in movie theaters) you will only use about 2 watts nominal.

Of course, there needs to be some room for headroom. For instance, a loud musical burst in classical music could go 10db higher than normal. A movie special effect might hit 15db above normal. To get 15db extra above 85db requires 61 watts. Well within the specs of practically any quality receivers or amp.

Of course, if you like things LOUD, the number jump very quickly. Lets say you have chosen to slowly but surely deafen your friends at a 95db average with 10db spikes. You are now looking at 194 watts required to handle the peaks and this is out of the range of many common receivers and off sounding and potentially damaging clipping could occur depending on how bad it is pushed. Most receivers will shut down before damage is done but it's still not where you want to be.

In short, unless you like it very loud, I think most receivers will do you just fine until you move into a much bigger home.

Note: For reference sake, I used this online wattage calculator and used a distance of 3.5 meters and a sensitivity of 93 to match up with the M22s. Of course there are many other factors as to producing an "exact" calculation but it can serve to give you a rough idea of your own requirements.

Online Wattage Calculator

Last edited by Murph; 06/09/09 05:02 PM. Reason: forgot link

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.