Couple more things I would like to get some advice on. I'm not sure if I should start a new thread on this or not but here goes.

I'm sort of leaning towards getting an Emotiva Amp (specifically the XPA-5) and then using a less expensive receiver than the 3808 as a pre/pro. I kind of want something that will really drive the Axiom speakers, specifically the M80's. Does anyone know of some decent receivers (price < $1000CAD) that have similar features to the 3808 but are less power capable. I basically need my receiver to have at least 3 HDMI inputs, handle all the latest lossless codecs including MPCM over HDMI, preferably have different crossover settings for different channels and have basicac calibration akin to Audyssey or YPAO. I'm not too concerned with video processing, as long as it does upconverting/deinterlacing over non HDMI inputs as my Xbox 360 is still hooked up with component cables.

The other alternative I've been mulling over is like I mentioned previously, picking up the 3808 and a simple 2 channel amp for the M80's like the Emotiva UPA-2 or maybe a NAD C272 if I can find one for cheap.

Last edited by Escaron; 06/10/09 07:52 PM.