Originally Posted By: Hansang
Cam,
I just finished running all my cables through the walls in my new condo. If I never see another hole in my drywall, I'd be a happy man.

As for cables, Romex for the power bridge is what you need. Simple and easy enough to use (and snake through the walls). But for your HDMI run, I'm assuming this is from the entertainment center to your TV, yes? Here's what I installed:

1) HDMI from Monoprice.
2) Component from Monoprice. (I *HATE* HDCP issues and some receivers have issues with OSD/GUI with HDMI)
3) Optical cable (just in case)
4) IR Receiver extender. If you want to turn on your cable with RF/IR later, it's a must.
5) CAT6 cable. Too many TVs these days can take advantage of it. You can always use a wireless bridge, but if you're running cables, why not!
6) ClubNeon turned me on to some temperature appropriate fluorescent lights. So I ran an extension cable from my receiver to (behind) the TV being mounted. This will let me use the trigger outlet to turn the back light on and off.
7) **MOST IMPORTANT**: Spare pull rope!

good luck. I'm getting ready to mount the M22 on-walls this week so I'm almost finished. I just have to terminate a million CAT6 and Belden COAX cables all over the house! smile

Thanks for all of that information, bud. One question-what do you mean by "IR Receiver extender. If you want to turn on your cable with RF/IR later, it's a must"? I have a Harmony 1000 along with the wireless extender. My satellite box will be in the cabinet at the back of the room so I assume I'm okay? Sorry, I don't know what else the IR receiver extender would be used for.

Thanks

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.