Things are looking good Cam!! This brings back memories, I was working on mine a year ago January as well.

Re: suggestions, here are a couple that come to mind...

- If you haven't already, think carefully about the order in which you place your components (i.e. mounting the disk player at a comfortable height, etc). Once you've done all the work to build the face plates you won't be too inclined to change things around wink One tip I'd read is to mount the hottest running components at the top.

- The other tip involves the placement of the screw holes. It's possible, no matter how hard you try, that the frame may not be perfectly square and/or the shelves perfectly level. I was very careful but in the end things were slightly off. Not a big deal because you can account for it when you cut and file the face plates (or shim a component up if necessary). However, what I didn't appreciate was the impact on the placement of the screw holes. I had built a template so that each hole would be the same distance in from the edge on each plate. However, when I attached the plates to the frame I noticed that the screws didn't exactly align vertically from plate to plate (you can see it if you enlarge my gallery pic). Again not a big deal because everything is black but there's room for improvement. If I were to do it over again I think I'd first attach all the ready-to-paint plates to the frame with some 2-sided tape and then run straight lines parallel to the left and right edges of the frame (however far from the edge you plan to attach the screws i.e. 1/2"). You can then use those lines as a guide as to where to drill your holes and they'll all align nicely on the vertical axis.

Also, since you're about to start your aluminum work I thought you might enjoy seeing a photo of this sub from Funky Waves. Very nice workmanship I thought.

Looking forward to seeing the next set of pic's.

Bob