Hey guys, this in-wall cabinet has been an ongoing project for too long, so my parents came over today to hook some more stuff up, and I've run into a problem- no video! This is extremely frustrating!

Here's the deal-

Because I had to run the cables a distance of 35 feet, I opted to run HDMI over Cat 6. I purchased a pair of these HDMI to Cat 6 wall plates , and two of these shielded Cat 6a cables .

The light on both wall plates illuminates when the HDMI cable is connected, but on my TV it says "check signal cable's, check connected devices power and source selection". I've done this, and everything is connected properly. The TV is recognizing a signal because when we unplug the HDMI, the message on the TV changes to "check signal/or no signal (I can't remember exactly, but it's something to that extent).

I've also tried taking my receiver right out of the equation and connected my DVD player directly to the HDMI output wall plate, but there's still no signal.

Any ideas on what is possibly happening? Has anyone else used this configuration? I'm assuming I have it hooked up correctly, as I have the HDMI input wall plate behind my TV (HDMI runs from TV into it), and the HDMI output in my component cabinet (HDMI runs from my receiver into it)?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much,
Cam

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.