Hey guys,

I just went through Blue Jean Cable's and Monoprice's website for a speaker wire, an HDMI cable, and a component cable. The video cables are at 40 foot lengths(or thereabouts), and the maximum length I'll be running my speaker wire is in 50 feet lengths.

There's a huge difference in price between the two companies, and as far as I know, the cables are pretty much the same quality (or rating).

I know Hansang bought his cables from Monoprice, but I was wondering about the quality juxtaposed to that of Blue Jean Cables. As mentioned, the price difference is perplexing, but that said, I don't mind paying the extra if it means better quality.

Here's what I found-

Blue jean cable-

-BJC Twelve White Speaker Cable, 200 foot, unterminated- link - $124
-HDMI Cable, BJC Series-1 23 1/2 AWG Belden Bonded-Pair, 40 foot, Black - link - $110
-Belden 1694A Component Video Cables, 40 foot, RCA/RCA, Black - link - $126

Total not including shipping- $361.00

Monoprice-

-50ft (RG-6/U) CL2 Premium 5-RCA Component Video/Audio Coaxial Cable - link - $39.00
-Professional 22AWG HDMI Standard Speed Male to Male Cables - link - $35.00
-250ft 12AWG CL2 Rated 2-Conductor Loud Speaker Cable - link - $75.00

Total without shipping- $150

I don't know if I have overkill with the cables from Blue Jean Cables which is driving the price up, but I tried to choose the proper cabling from both websites, based on research I did online for my distance required.

I also have one more question-I just came across some information reminding me that you shouldn't run power cables in parallel with audio/video cables. Because I have to run them all through the bulkhead in my ceiling, is there a specific distance that they should be spread apart so it doesn't cause any interference?

Sorry for all the questions. Your guys input is greatly appreciated as always.

Thank you very much,
Cam

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.