Originally Posted By: cb919
+1 and +1 to Tom and Randy's comments.
A vertical center will take care of any off axis issues. I wish I had known that when I originally built my HT as it would have saved me a recent speaker swap from the VP150 to the M2.

Secondly, the QS8's are simply incredible surround speakers. I have an all Axiom setup with QS8's - but I also built an HT for my in-laws that is all Paradigm with the ADP-590's. I am the tech department for my in-laws grin so I have setup, calibrated and watched many movies in their HT. I can say that IMO the ADP's are great and that the QS8's are excellent. I find the QS8's are just much better at creating an enveloping surround field vs. the ADP's. Also the QS8's are amazing at placing discrete sounds where there is no speaker. For example there's one cave scene in an adventure movie my kids love and there is water dripping all around. At one point it always sounds like there's water coming from the center of our HT ceiling nowhere near the QS8's. It's weird but I find they are diffuse and discrete as they need to be. I can't explain it but it is what I find when watching movies.

Hope that helps.

So, for your surrounds, you would choose the QS8s over the Studio ADP-590s if given the choice then? Do you have a 5.1 or 7.1 setup for your HT? In 7.1, would you recommend 4 QS8s? (Two for the side surrounds and two for the rear surrounds)?

Also, which Paradigm center channel did your in-laws have?

Thanks.