Originally Posted By: CatBrat
I've used my VP100 in/on-wall for a little over a year and always noticed a lack of off center dialog volume. Decided to try the M2. This solved the off center volume problem, but introduced (to my ears and room condition) male vocals lacking in the lower end, more-so than just the VP100. So now I have the M2 above the screen and the VP100 under. Next week, I should have a VP150 in/on-wall that I ordered to replace the VP100. I got a good price on the auction so, why not? But, I don't know how this will change things. I do like the M2 + horizontal better than just one or the other. Better overall sound. I'll have 7 tweeters up front. Now with 6 it is a bit too bright for music, but cymbals really sound good. It also makes the upper end of other instruments, such as piano sound more realistic.

I'm thinking with the M2 above the screen and the VP150 below the screen that I'll have the following condition. The M2 plays a couple of db lower than M22. The VP150 plays a couple of db higher than M22. After Pioneer's MCACC calibration, It'll probably lower the over-all volume of the center pair because of the VP150's higher volume. This may cause the M2 to be mostly in-audible. Since they are on the same channel I can't turn the VP150 down without installing some sort of external volume control. But the M2 would come into play more for off-axis listening in this case.

Great feedback, thank you! Your post really cements my long term plan and the details for a dual center surround setup. I did a temporary upgrade on my center channel today and installed the matching DCM KX Center channel. I've been playing around with it and the Sony center channel speaker, experimenting with listening positions and angles, so I should have the kinks of a dual center setup mostly worked out by the time my eventual system arrives.