Originally Posted By: CatBrat
One problem with just believing in yourself is it seems to leave little to grow into, where as, when you have someone who lived a perfect life as a model to attain to gives much more room for growth.

Cat, ever since my accident I've only believed in myself, despite having numerous people try to shove religion down my throat, especially right after my accident when I was in a volatile state and only 18. Something else I've always found interesting is when I visit Toronto and come across people aggressively passing out religious pamphlets, they always come to me when I'm with a group of my able-bodied friends. They obviously think that I'm missing something and would be somehow better off if I followed their belief structure. I have only believed in myself the whole way, and I can tell you unequivocally that I've grown and transformed more than the majority of my friends. I've had many people tell me this.

And do you have admiration for people that strive or aspire to be their favorite celebrity or role model etc.? Or do you think that what they're doing is completely unattainable and utterly preposterous?

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.