This is not poking fun at the person whose opinion can be trusted. The people who have stated that they hear a problem at varying intervals have never done a blind listening test. Ask Floyd Toole about the power of suggestion. We read on certain forums how "this tweeter arrangement sucks, and will sound horrible off axis", and we are all susceptible to now hearing these issues.

Many of us remember the audio salesman standing before us, telling us what we should be hearing in a speaker ... "Notice how the female singer sounds like she's here?" ... and of course, we agree.

I have had several people in the room sit in different areas, moving during scenes, all without having a clue which center channel is on. Not one has reported any negative issues. To the contrary, each person hearing the VP150 has raved about it (along with the M3's with which it is paired).

I was, based on all these reports, EXPECTING to hear an issue. I have not. I have listened to several hours of tracks with the VP150, and it has not "suffered" any more when walking back and forth during various scenes than has the Klipsch RC 64 II.

ALL horizontally oriented center channels will have some variance in response as one pans across the room, it's unavoidable.

Let's put this in terms of having fun ... If we took the VP150 and 4 other center channels, and let people (who are certain of the terrible design of the VP150) listen to each, under blind conditions, for an hour, with each betting $1000 he can tell which is the VP150 under these blind conditions ... I would make a lot of money. smile

That being said, Axiom also makes two center channels that are more "traditional" ... the VP100 and VP160. Personally, I think the VP160 is the "coolest looking", but this is likely a bias of mine based years of being told that the "midrange / tweeter horizontal arrangement between two woofers" is the only way to go.