Chesseroo and Tam - as you both are what one would consider to be mature, rational enthusiasts, I appreciate your comments.

If you will allow a personal story ... When I had Chase Home Theater, we used the longest throw 18 inch driver that Eminence makes. It's about a 19 mm X-max driver. Our first version was with an 80 ounce magnet. The second was with a 160 ounce magnet "double stack"

Now Eminence makes it with a 215 ounce "triple stack" magnet.

It still has the same X-max. Our first version managed about 102.7 dB at 20 Hz/2 meters in max long term output. Our second version still did the same 102.7 dB.

The new version will STILL do 102.7 dB.

According to the wizards on that "other forum", the driver we used was a weak driver with no performance.

Now that JTR and Powersound are using the same driver, it's a world beater.

It's this type of nonsense that I have personally experienced for years, and why I refuse to lower myself to that sort of behavior.

I love this hobby, and think EVERY company deserves honest reviews of products. The only thing worse than "fan bois" are the opposite (and Chase Home Theater had a lot of those opposites) types: Those who make it an on line career to slam one company's products.