I'm strongly considering the VP160 center, but for a couple hundred more I could get the VP180. Would my M50 towers be totally outclassed by the VP180 center? Most of movie and TV action and dialog is on the center anyway, so it makes sense to me that it should be the highest priority for an upgrade.

I agree, upgrading the QS4 surrounds to QS10's is really tempting. As it is, I need to run the QS4's with +12 dB amplification to be somewhat matched with the rest of the system so they can be heard properly. Though my feeling the QS4's are undersized could be my 10 year old Denon receiver on my current system. The new receiver might resolve this.

I have a feeling I'm going to break into savings a bit more and head toward adding:

4 M3's in the ceiling $996
Subwoofer (EP350), $890
Center: VP180
4 surrounds: QS10HP - $1698

That's $4550 in speakers for this 7.1 to 11.2 upgrade. That will blow past my budget point a bit, though I'm leaning toward thinking it's not worth getting a 75" TV right now. The price/area of TV's takes a huge leap past 65" or 70" right now. I'm struggling to see where it's worth spending twice as much on a 75" TV versus 65".

Good speakers can easily last a lifetime. TV's are good for at best 5 to 10 years.

Last edited by DonClancy; 02/13/17 06:53 AM.