Originally Posted By newf
As an owner of two denon's x series amps, although not the one you have your eye on. No hum, and I use dynamic volume on medium. Their interfaces and network capabilities are hard to beat. I've never used Anthem, they seem over priced imho. But, the lesson I've learned, get the cheapest receiver with pre outs on it that has the features you need and no more. Then get power amps. In two years time, you'll want 8k or whatever else is new, just replace the cheap receiver. If you have any speakers that require 4ohm capability or large wattage this becomes even more important.

I wish I could see it working out that it was cost effective to get a pre-amp 11.2 processor that I change out frequently, and then get an 11 channel amp.

Problem is there seems to be absolutely no price break between receivers and pre-amp processors, or if there is it's so small I can't see much difference.

Glad to hear your Denon unit worked out okay, the complaints I'm reading seem to be only with this particular model.