Also don't forget that's a price drop from it's previous model the AVM50v that was $6500.

I wouldn't worry about it because that puts you way above your budget point. I think this AVM60 only came an issue because, I mentioned Randy just bought Anthem thinking it was the MRXxxx line. I mentioned the MRX720 which is priced in the same ballpark as the Denon.
A few years back I bought a Denon 4313, that was my upgrade from a Pioneer Elite32. I picked up a Anthem MRX500 some guy had a pallet on Canuck Audio Mart , I never asked how or why but, I bought one for $600 they were going for $1300 new. He said, bankruptcy sale he got them. A friend of mine also bought one he had Denon 38xx series, he bought my Pioneer to replace that. When my Anthem arrived I set it up. That Denon made it to the box, never came out and I returned it the next week. I took my Anthem to Halifax with, went over to a my friends place. We set it up and before I left he got on line, bought the Anthem also and listed the Pioneer on Canuck Audio. He, has upgraded to the MRX720. His room is a bit bigger than mine I think he is 19ft long. He's not going ATMOS right away. Uses it for 5.2 setup, but he plans on seeing where this ATMOS goes, theres not alot of ATMOS content. But, his plan like mine is to get the system in place over time.
But, I would seriously check out the MRX720 over the Denon. Specially if only a matter of a few hundred bucks.
You can also, buy try it out and if it is not what you expect, return it and get the Denon wink

The other reason would be as you suggest, it's something
you can build on gradually. get the reciever and have 7.2, then get the speakers and install and then pick up an amp. I'd just go used

Last edited by TroyD; 02/16/17 01:10 PM.

Anthem MRX520
M5HPv4
VP160HPv4
QS10v4