Originally Posted By DonClancy
Originally Posted By TroyD
Also, and I am pretty sure NickBoul would agree
I would seriously look into the Anthem MRX720 over the Denon.

Hi Troy,

Just had a look at the Anthem MRX720. Interesting. It seems to be an 11.2, but only 7 channels amplified? I'd need to add a 4 channel amp for the ceiling speakers?

I'd need to read up on it some more. What makes you like the Anthem system compared to the Denon?

You can pick up a second hand 4 ch amp and as socketman says, you do not need much power for Atmos.
I will be using my Anthem MCA5 for Atmos, but that is over kill really but it is already what I have.

I had Denon for years last one was a 4806. I tried a couple others and found a MRX500. ARC is a awesome strong program. Even better with the new x20 series.
I find clarity, detail so much clearer. Great bottom end also, without subs. Reality is not sure if it is the M22's or the Pre/Pro but I really don't believe I need a centre speaker, imaging , sound stage presence is the best. ARC also gives you alot more flexibility. You can even set parameters, if I am not mistaken. This if Nickboul comes on can explain way more in detail, he has a 1120 and speaks really highly of it. I'm looking at upgrading to the MRX720 or go all out on the AVM60.

Seriously, if you can find a retailer for Anthem, I would take a look before I spent a dollar on something else.
Also, on the EP350 note. yeh you have a big room, def dual 350s. I am currently upgrading to a 500 from my 350. Find need just a bit more and I want a bit tighter.
DUal 350's most likely would of did it for me, but, listening to music more and it is a bit too, I don't ( fat sounding ) just a bit much BOOompht lol
Looks like I will end up trading in this 350 on a second 500 though.
Too bad, I have the 350 now and recently put a EP500 on layaway from the deals site $961. Once that is paid I will get a second one same way. Probably use the 350 and M22 upstairs in living room after.I am upgrading to the M5HP also

Anthem MRX520
M5HPv4
VP160HPv4
QS10v4