Thanks guys, my speakers are ordered at this point. I'll post pictures once I get them mounted in several weeks.

I'm still trying to sort through the receiver choice now:

Denon EVRX6300H 11.2 can be had from Amazon for $2,199 US dollars.

The Anthem MRX720 can be ordered from Crutchfield for $2,499. So they're somewhat comparable price though I'd need to also order a 4-channel amp.

If I read the reviews on the Denon on Amazon, I find a couple reviews complaining about this: (quoting the review)

Quote:

"Truthfully I would like to give it (Denon EVRX 6300H) at least 4 stars. Great features and for the most part great sound, but it appears there may be a flaw in the firmware or hardware that leads to a constant hum with more sensitive speakers.

The issue DOES NOT appear to be a problem with the amplifier section as I have reproduced the behavior with an external power amp. With DynamicEQ and Dynamic Volume off, the volume required to produce this sound is beyond any normal/reasonable listening level, however, DynamicEQ makes it worse and IMO Dynamic Volume introduces enough noise to be totally unusable.

I have had no other issues beyond that. Atmos works great. Phono actually sounds pretty good. HDR/4K all work fine.

I'm hoping it is just a DSP filter or gain setting problem, in which case I will gladly raise my review once a firmware update comes down the pipe. I also plan to contact denon just to see what they think, perhaps this unit or this batch is just bad... I'm just bummed as I specifically tried to buy a higher end higher quality receiver for the features and sound quality, but right now I can't use many of the features without in turn compromising the sound quality."

Honestly that review has had me a bit spooked on the Denon, maybe I'll be fine, but there's no proof I see that the issue has been resolved. That same issue was reported in several reviews of this Denon model suggesting it might be a systematic problem in a number of units. You'd expect higher build quality in this unit, but Denon is made in China now as of 2009, not Japan like the last time I bought a Denon receiver. I'm more than a little worried about long term build quality of the unit.

My issue with the Anthem MRX720 is it's still a bit of an unknown to me. There's not a lot out there in terms of customer reviews on the internet. It's going to end up $300 more plus the price of a 4-channel amp.

On the plus side Anthem is made in Canada, and I'd sure trust the build quality out of Canada far more than China.

My whole audio system might as well come from Canada, aye?

Would anyone have a recommendation for a 4-channel amp for Atmos M3 speakers?

Thanks again