Originally Posted By newf
As an owner of two denon's x series amps, although not the one you have your eye on. No hum, and I use dynamic volume on medium.

If the people are getting hum, it generally is caused by the ground loop feedback. I will admit that some houses are far more susceptible to the issue than others. I have had some equipment that just won't work in my house. I could not get Marantz to work here. I had an issue with an Anthem MCA5 amp and my Axiom DSP. Both top end equipment but just they didn't want to play nice with each other in my house.

Quote:
Their interfaces and network capabilities are hard to beat. I've never used Anthem, they seem over priced imho. But, the lesson I've learned, get the cheapest receiver with pre outs on it that has the features you need and no more.

The new Anthem amp is pretty stripped down when it comes to all the bells and crap with streaming. They don't have Apple Airplay or a media server control built in. Anthem does do DTS Play-Fi, but I just turned that off. They don't have very good remote software for Ipad of Android. But what they do have is great sound.

The advice of get a Receiver that has pre-outs was what I followed for quite a few years. I never really got the sound that I was looking for, and wasted more money and time trying different pieces only to say that didn't improve anything and I know this should sound better. I wasted time trying to plug in different amps into a receiver and just didn't get any better sound. Then I got the Anthem and it was like turing on a light in a dark room. Suddenly it was all possible.

I have not tried all the possible makes models out there. Take a look at who owns Denon, and then every other brand they own. They are all basically the same box and you pay for the name on the front. I like Anthem as they are themselves. (Funded by Paradigm)

Have you tried the Anthem web site to find a local dealer?

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5