Some time back, my wife and I went into the local HifiBuys for some reason. We poked around in the lower end listening room and listened to some tower variations. Then, for kicks, we went into the higher end room to give a listen. It's there that it all started. I heard for the first time the clarity and imaging that I really wanted. It completely ruined by old Yamahas.....got home and realized how truly bad they actually sound compared to what's out there.

So, I went on the hunt...I wanted that clarity/detail/imaging, but I wanted it for an affordable price. I had already been a veteran AVS pilot from dealing with front projectors and HTPCs, so I started lurking around the speaker forums looking for recommendations in the non-audiophile price-range. From there, I began to pick up the different names, which I would then check out via their websites or merchant websites. With me seeking floor-standers, some of the speakers eliminated themselves.

As many have pointed out so far, what became readily apparent in all the comments and reviews was the fact that no one really had anything negative to say about these speakers. When you consider that with the plentitude of positive reviews, the reputation for clarity/detail, and the generally affordable price, my interest was definitely sparked.

That is where I found these forums and began lurking for a few months. The wealth of knowledge, the consistent level of satisfaction, the abundance of comparison information, the discussion about customer service, etc, etc, all played into my decsion to make the leap of faith. Now, I have a pair of M22s up on top of my old Yamahas and I couldn't be happier......at least until the M60s arrive for comparison.