I was looking for a pair of speakers to replace my old EPIs as one of the woofers had gone funky on them. I went and auditioned a whole wack of speakers, B&W, Klipsch, Energy, Infinity, Paradigm Reference, Athena, Polk ect. Of the ones I heard I liked some Infinity and Paradigm Reference bookshelfs best, but they were both more that I wanted to spend. So I looked around on the net and discovered the highly rated, yet cheap, Paradigm Titan. The store I heard the Paradigm References at didnt carry that line but they could order them. So I ordered a pair and was throughly dissapointed when I got them home. They sounded incredibly dull, like they had a blanket over them, and they had a boomy low end. I went to a few more stores and discovered the Angstrom Omega 5. I loved their sound, but they were really ugly. Plus I couldnt find much of any info about them. I eventually posted a topic on a non-audio related internet fourm about my search for speakers, and someone pointed me to the Axiom M3Tis. I saw Axiom had a 30 day return policy so I went and ordered a pair of M2is, which needless to say I was quite happy with.