As the subject states, I ordered some M60's over the weekend, also the VP 150. I realized, maybe to late, that there are Axiom forums and started reading up about the M5HP's and also read some bad reviews on the VP150. I am upgrading from M22Ti's for the fronts, VP100 for center and two M2i's for surrounds. Oh and the sub has been handled by a cheap Sony powered sub that will eventually get replaced. Obviously I am looking for better updated sound quality.

I have always felt like I have been missing something from the center channel. Voices have always seemed weak and always felt like i needed to raise the center channel volume to hear conversations. Generally, explosions and other sound effects usually seem fine volume wise. I thought the VP 150 was the next step but from what I have read in these forums, that's probably not a good idea. I thought about the VP160 but concerned about the height of the box.

I was going to go with the M60's because I have felt like the M22's were straining or like I had to turn the volume up to much to get the volume i thought i should be getting at that setting. The Denon AVR X2300 made that feeling worse so went back to a Sony and bought the STR DN-1080 which sounds much louder at lower volumes. Still, the M22Ti's have never really made me feel great about that purchase all those years ago and I have always wanted something bigger but at that time, I bought what I could afford and I was stationed in Japan and really didn't have the room for anything bigger. Now I have the room but frankly, the wife wasn't to happy about me getting the M60's and then I read about the M5HP's.

So.. advice time. Upgrading from M22Ti's, what am I gaining with the M5HP's? What would I gain with the M60's? What would I lose between the M5 VS the M60's?

Will running the VP180 hurt the receiver? If not, since it is 4 ohms, will I need to raise/lower the gain on the center to match the L/R volume?

Thanks for any help given.

Last edited by Dragbug; 11/29/18 04:20 AM. Reason: Spelling

M60
VP180
M2i
Sony STR-DN 1080