Lol it's not impractical, it's impossible due to limitations of the room it's self.

The fronts are 6 ft apart and about a foot from the front wall. The right is only about 6-8 inchs from the side wall though. The left is about 3-4 ft from a wall. I almost had the wife convinced to let me move our living room to the "great room" or family room or what ever they call those large rooms that no one ever uses.

Problem with that room is that is has 18 ft high ceiling with a stairwell that leads upstairs to an open hallway and open loft area. Not sure how well that area will sound and no place to setup ATMOS.

Eventually, we plan to open the kitchen dining area and living area and my plan was to make sure that home theater is part of that future plan. So right now, I have to make the best of a bad situation I guess lol.

When you say 3 point, I assume you are referring to the 3rd step in the calibration process? I didn't know you could stop at any point in the process. I thought it would not calibrate very if you stopped early. It always goes to behind the couch which I can't do because the couch is almost right up against the wall.

M60
VP180
M2i
Sony STR-DN 1080