Audyssey has certainly brought out the sub in a way that the Sony did not. During the Sony calibration, the sub volume was set and stayed at 50%. I was able to hear the sub but didn't really think much about it. Audyssey actually started out telling me to set the sub at 50% but then when it started the calibration, stopped and said the sub volume was to high and asked me to lower it down below 75dB if I had volume control. So I did and it's about 1/4 now. After Audyssey calibration, the level was showing set to -3.6 but the bass I get now is more full and noticeable compared to the Sony. To be fair though, I never did run a new calibration on the Sony with the M60 and VP180. But, I doubt it would have made much of a difference anyway. The Sony calibration is very quick compared to Audyssey. I can't imagine a whole lot of magic being done in Sony's software compared to Denon's.

The VP180 already does wonders for speech clarity. That alone was worth every penny. The M60's were just icing on the cake. Although, I am kind of wishing I would have dug a little deeper in the pockets for the M80's but really, the M60's are more than enough for this house. Need to get that replacement driver so I can enjoy the full potential of the speakers for one. Then I need to get this house renovated so I can really setup a true home theater with height speakers and surround back speakers. Really put this Denon 6500 to work.

M60
VP180
M2i
Sony STR-DN 1080