Dragbug, I suggest you play with your room layout and settings. If you want to see what the M60v4 speaker is capable of, you need to have them spaced at least 6' apart and as far away from room boundaries as possible (I have my M5s 12.5 feet apart, 4 feet from the front wall and 5 feet from sides). Even if this ends up being impractical for your room, at least it temporarily gives you a sense of their soundstage and imaging capability.

My bet is that if you run the Audyssey XT32 calibration on the Denon, you will want to keep it. You can do a 3-point calibration around your main listening position and that's good enough. Put the mic at the center of where your head rests, then the left ear and then the right.

You may not want to do any of the above because it it sounds magical and you can't make it permanent, you'll be forever haunted by it. One of my buddies has my old Bose 601 Series III and when I placed them properly yet impractically in his room, he was completely blown away. Now he's constantly arguing with his wife about leaving them there permanently. Audio is often not good for relationships.

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated