2x6 and Trevor are both right. I guess it comes down to budget. As a “ forever “ setup I’d throw in there , does the Yamaha have all the features and connections you want? Is it “ future proof “ enough for you? Check the specs for 4 ohm power rating, I’m sure it is spec’ed to 4 ohms but have a look.

On a basic level, yes I’d say your Yamaha is fine. It will drive the M80’s. Have you considered the HP version if not getting subwoofers?

FYI I’m using an old Yamaha receiver (85 watts x 2 ) with original m60ti in a 750sq foot room with 8 foot ceilings. It goes loud and is clear and enjoyable. But after a year with this system I can see the need for better quality amplification. Not to go louder but to have better quality and clarity and detail and imaging.

Room size and preferred listening level and genre ( genre to some degree but is less important) really matter. Your Yamaha might be enough for your needs and wants.

Edit: Looks like a nice receiver. And fairly future proof too.

Last edited by Kodiak; 12/30/20 06:30 PM.

M60ti Hafler9505 & JFET Pre,Axiom Transformer. M3 Marantz PM7200 Dual 606 Denon 2700 M2 Yammy RX595