Thanks Rebulx, that's good info as I hadn't really looked deeply at those models and it led me to review them all more thoroughly and note the differences. (I really miss the comparison across all models Yamaha used to provide.) They do look nice! That said, I'm reluctant to shell out for a multi-channel system for a stereo application.

If I go with the LFR660's I'll get amplification with them; and if I go with the M80s I can see how ig goes and then add an amp in later. I know I like the Yamaha DAC, because up til now I've been decoding through Plex (I know, but they make it *so* easy), and when I tried out the direct streaming from the NAS to the Yamaha (RX-V681) it sounded better.

Sinclair, I do like the Yamaha sound, I've been using them for a while now (gone through 2 and have 2 now). I tried a couple Onkyo's and one of the slim-line Marantz line and Yamaha sounded better to me. (So you may not like Yamaha as much if the 1403 suits your taste.) I also have Anthem on my wish list; but they're expensive and I'm not a fan of their recent external design change. Superficial, I know; but I have to like looking at the equipment, I just can't help myself.

I have black M5's in my theater set-up (so they're "invisible"), and I have Cherry-Nutmeg in my music set-up. Truth be told I wanted the Cherry-Cinnamon, but it was no longer available when I went to order and I was too impatient to ask if it was coming back. I think the nutmeg is very close to the cinnamon, but with a slight tint of yellow (I'd still prefer the cinnamon, oh well). For my living room I think I'm going with Cherry-Chestnut. Although the current picture doesn't look like the snap I grabbed a few months back, so I'll have to ask about that.