Hi Cork, I just had a look at Cherry-Chestnut and I really like it. The combination somehow escaped my eyes and I was not aware of it until you mentioned it. It is obviously dark in tone and very different than Cinnamon but very handsome I must say!

I do not think that you can blame yourself for being "superficial" when it comes to the design of audio equipment. For hi-fi enthusiast, the look of audio gear is as important as the look of a car for who have passion for cars. I personally admire Yamaha classic design, the one they continue for their upper-level stereo amplifiers and consider that a true high-end.

It is true I am am happy with my Marantz, but I love to experiment and have lots of curiosity and now, with M5HP at my home I need something with higher punch that can also deliver proper detail and depth. My reverence for clean, not cheap-looking design and consistently high reviews drive my desire toward Yamaha. If I ever had opportunity to indulge, I'd go for the silver-face/wooden-sides amp, such as A-S2200. Though, I be happy to settle at something less luxurious. I must say that you brought my attention to R-N803 and I even started thinking if that could be the way to go.

It is nice chatting with you - I hope your recovery goes smooth !

Last edited by Sinclair; 01/20/21 06:43 AM.