In reply to:

Looking at your post, don't you think it's a little of the pot calling the kettle black?

Not at all. I wasn't defending any purchase I've made, you were. You say you weren't?

I quote you verbatim "I'm shocked and a little disappointed that Axiom would make that statement. I have serious doubts that the EP500 would "Largely Outperform" the SVS PC-Ultra. I have put my Ultra up against more then one sub and have yet to see it handily beat. Some have come close and they have ALL been smaller HSU's but none to date have gone as deep and none have maintained the control that the SVS has showed." I don't know how you define "defending your purchase," but that fits mine.

P.S. Read Jon's most recent posts. He now admits he made an honest error. The Axiom employee did NOT mention the ultra specifically.

If your "pot calling the kettle black" comment was in reference to my using some of the same confrontational, challenging, tactics you used in your posts, such as "Well.....................................?" I plead guilty as charged. I figured if you felt comfortable challenging Axiom on a "claim" they may have made, you certainly wouldn't object if I challenged your unsupported opinion.

In reply to:

My point is simple and if you didn't get it here it is again. If in fact these subs are soooooooo good, Axiom should prove it.

My question, "what's you point," had no reference to Axiom's claims and your challenge that they "prove" it. Here, again, is your comment verbatim:

"But then again, if they are that good, how long will be it be before HSU and SVS who are true subwoofer manufactures come out with something new that blows them out of the water?"

I ask you again, what is the point of the statement "how long will it be ..........etc? As I said, someone is always bringing out a product that top the previous product. Again, I ask. So? That statement seems designed simply to insult Axiom by saying no matter how good their new subs are, some REAL sub makers will soon bring out something better and put them in their place. You seem to be implying is that because Axiom is not "true" subwoofer manufacturer, those who are, will make better subs. It ain't necessarily so.

In reply to:

What exactly has been blown out of proportion? I'm lost on this one. I posted based on some comments that an Axiom employee made. I then re-posted with some questions for Alan and a whole lot of other people felt the need to pipe up.

You said "As I have said before there are a lot of claims being made about the EP500 and EP600 that in all honesty are not much more then marketing hype. A LOT of claims. I've only heard one ALLEGED claim ALLEGEDLY made by an Axiom employee in a private phone conversation. Yet you choose to characterize this ALLEGED statement as "marketing hype." Was that supposed to be considered complimentary? If you are referring to anything stated about these subs on the Axiom web site itself, OF COURSE that's marketing, and EVERYBODY knows it's unsupported advertising, and NOBODY is saying that it's true. The truth is we have no independent CLAIMS on the performance of theses subs. So to say "I have serious doubts that the EP500 would "Largely Outperform" the SVS PC-Ultra as you stated, is no more, nor less, unreliable than stating otherwise. Plus we had people accusing Alan of saying things he didn't say. This all adds up to "being blown out of proportion."

John, I had no objections to what you said, I objected to the way you chose to say it. I'm not the only one that found them confrontational, challenging, insulting to Axiom, baseless, cynical, rude and unnecessary. Yes you've got the right to say what you want. You also must bear the consequences of doing so.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton