Hey Semi;

Thats weird my Rotel RSX1065 does the video switching. So does my dads new NAD T752. I thought it was common that you can plug in all your devices to your receiver and have it control which input. Unless I did not get what you mean. But yes none of those receivers do any scaling. I myself have a video scaler. Actually it is a computer component but you do not need a computer. Its a stand alone TV box. Viewsonic has this video processor scaler/ TV tuner. I pipe my signals into it such as VHS, DVD and it rescales from 640x480 up to 1024x768 and pipes it out via RGB computer cable. The picture going into a projector or monitor is great. Even standard TV cable looks nice at 1024x768. This is the cheaper video scaler at $150 CDN. There is a better one that goes up to 1280 and has component inputs. I think this scaler does a good job as real video scalers from $800-$4000 from DVDO Line doubler and Farouja. This video processor is only good for projectors or computer input monitors Plasmas, LCD. I found about this neat device 2 years ago and since then have been passing my cable TV signal through it.

Saturn