Sushi, the link you gave was very interesting. Some, of course, might be misguided enough to think that some of the other items shown in the Parent Directory(e.g. Elisa Bridges)were more interesting than the power output plots of the Pioneer receiver. Certainly nearly 140 watts continuous at 8ohms with 5 channels driven can be considered to be fairly adequate. In fact I'd suspect that if an audiophile attempted to drive all 5 speakers(plus sub)at the continuous level of about 110db PER SPEAKER that this would allow, the result might be a dead audiophile lying in a pile of fallen plaster and shattered glass.

Of course, many of the complaints about the Pioneer related to 4ohm operation, which Hi-Fi News didn't show, but I can't imagine that there would be that much difference. Note however the usual silly subjective comments of their listening panel; apparently you'll have to do without "the widest sense of space or atmosphere", but have courage nevertheless.

Looking at the Sony 333(essentially the DA4ES)graphs, I'd be satisfied with that, too. While brief transients might momentarily require high output in all channels, there wouldn't be a continuous requirement.

Incidentally, 75 feet of your 27ga video cable should be no problem; the attenuation would be just a bit over 1db and should have no effect.

Last edited by JohnK; 03/31/03 08:51 AM.

-----------------------------------

Enjoy the music, not the equipment.