In reply to:

Of course, many of the complaints about the Pioneer related to 4ohm operation

Yes, but according to the 45TX threads in the AVSforum, it does seem that Pioneer has (silently) implemented some updates on the over-current protection circuit and/or firmware in recent production batches.

In reply to:

Note however the usual silly subjective comments of their listening panel

LOL Yeah, the only thing I was interested in was the power plots.

In reply to:

Incidentally, 75 feet of your 27ga video cable should be no problem; the attenuation would be just a bit over 1db and should have no effect.

Thanks for the encouraging words, John. But I guess what I really want to know is how exactly the calculated "1db loss" will (or will not) manifest on the image. Is that loss mainly in higher frequency signals? If so, will I see any visible loss of contrast in high-spacial-frequency regions of image (i.e. loss of image sharpness)? If it is uniform 1db loss over a wide frequency range, then will I see any general loss of image contrast???

I am still a bit worried, because 1db is about 12% attenuation in voltage (10 to the power of 0.05), and a 12% decrease in image contrast may be readily visible! In other words, our eyes are much more discerning than our ears.