In my earlier post all I mentioned with the receiver portion is just video switching. I have plugged in my vcr(rca), dvd(svideo) and also tried htpc(svideo) to my receiver. Receiver monitor out via svideo. That above is just video switching from rca cables to svideo cables.
I was talking input switching between different resolution.

Upconversion or scaling I did mention was only on my Viewsonic TV Tuner/video processor. From my Receiver I would have a Svideo cable out to that video processor which would then Upconvert my video signal to 1024x768 and view it on my Sony CPG400.

So when Semi and you mentioned upconversion on my Receiver, it definitely cannot do that. In my earlier email I just mentioned video switching within my receiver. And then further on the email upconvertion/scaling with my video processor.

As with Faroudja the stand alone Faroudja Native Rate Series or the DVP5000 video processor is one of the best ones out there. And boy it aint cheap. With respect to Faroudja integrated chips on devices that use DCDi is only as good as the manufacturer that encorporates them into there systems. In your case the the Yammy projector must use it well. In other cases such as the LG Plasma that also use Faroudja DCDi chips the quality is inferior to maybe the Panny or NEC scaling in there own plasmas. ALIS scaling in plasma is supposedly more supperior than the ones that used Faroudja DCDi chips. On the other hand another company that carries a $15,000 DLP projector that use Faroujda chips have supposedly phenominal resolution.