mdrew and HomeDad speak the truth. I said it before and I'll say it again (even though I got accused of blasphemy the first time): for me, the upgrade to HD content from SD (even upconverted) was many times more impressive than the upgrade from BOSE to Axiom.

Let that sink in. Remember when you all said you were hearing music for the first time with Axioms? I agree, there's notes I never heard on the old system that I now hear in my Epic 80 HT setup. It rocks.

However, if you blow up SD, or DVD, to 88" and sit 12 feet away, as I do, it leaves a lot to be desired. SD is barely watchable, to the degree that I now only do SD upstairs on a 42" set, 14 feet away. Now, on the big screen, if you pop up some HD DirecTV or HD-DVD, then you can call all the neighbors over to count the stitches on the baseball. It is revolutionary. Talk about your WOW! factor - that is it.

Netflix offers plenty of HD-DVDs and Blu Ray discs for rental purposes. Just don't everybody up and join today or my wait times will go up.

Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica.