Mark, thank you for the graciously offered words of conciliation. But before we let this drop, I would like to remark on this one point.
In reply to:

the magnanimity of Mark giving you a HT make over is akin to Enzo Ferrari donating his cars to poor Lotus owners.

I do not have the slightest idea of the value or quality of either of those automobiles. They are a just a tad out of my price range. But, I infer from that statement that you feel Mark didn't do anything but change the brand of my speakers.

If that is your implication, I would point out that the M60s retail for $900 while the 850s retail for $2000.

I would point out that he is replacing my $900 Onkyo, a very competent, respectable receiver which has served me well, with a $1200 preamplifier and power amplifier combo, which will enable me to utilize my Outlaw ICBM as an active crossover for all my speakers.

I would point out he is providing me with a computer programmed subwoofer equalizing system, which should give me considerably more control over the integration oif my sub with the rest of the system.

I would point out that each of the rest of the components he is providing me with are higher priced than the ones they are replacing.

Yes, we all know that higher prices do NOT necessarily equate with higher quality. And the above changes do not NECESSARILY mean an Improvement in the sound quality of my system. That is purely subjective conclusion, which I alone can make.

However, on value alone, he IS providing me with a step up. From my Webster's:

Upgrade - to raise in importance, value, esteem, etc.

Nothing there about quality. Probably because quality, in most, but not all, cases, is subjective.

To return to the automobile analogy, but with ones the value of which I have at least a vague understanding, it's more like going from a Honda Accord to a Toyota Avalon. Better? that's a matter of subjective opinion and can only be found in the eye of the beholder.

So, as to the Ferrari being given to the Lotus owner, may we assume you find no fault with that IF the Lotus owner deserves the gift?

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton