I know you are Mark, and I thank you for that. I just don't think we should let his motives, whatever they are, detract from the generously kind act of giving. I'm perfectly willing to admit that my view as the recipient of that generosity could be considered slightly tainted.

I, of course, don't believe he had any other motive than doing something nice for someone who he, and his panel of two others who made the selection, felt was deserving. If you were as aware of Mark's unheralded charitable contributions as I, you might feel the same, and I might not look so naive.

If he intended to make publicity "hay" from this, he's done a really lousy job of it. And if you think his goal was to "convert" a renowned internet forum expert on audio, I believe you have a grossly overinflated opinion of my importance. And while it is gratifying to think that YOU think I'm universally loved and respected at all forums, there are some on this forum alone who would laugh at you (may their keyboards mysteriously break ), and a great number elsewhere who would join them.

You have now reminded me WHY I'm happy to have missed fatherhood. YUCK!

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton